Volume 10 number 1
In this issue of reCollections: A Journal of Museums and Collections:
- Katherine Aigner presents an overview of the history of acquisitions of the main Italian and Vatican collections of Australian ethnographic material.
- Joanna Besley surveys the work of Michael Aird, Queensland photographer, anthropologist and curator.
- Libby Robin and Cameron Muir explore an alternative way of using museum objects to create debate and present scientific findings.
- Michael Piggott examines the ways that libraries, archives and museums exploit storytelling.
- Nicholas Brown explores and critiques the National Museum of Australia’s groundbreaking Defining Moments in Australian History project.
Also featured are reviews of a number of recent and current exhibitions.